This page explains what information we hold on individuals, how we use it, and how you can request us to remove details which you do not want us to hold or use.
From time to time we email our contacts information about professional events which we are organising and, less often, to make organisations aware of our services as event organisers.
Unless an individual has chosen to provide us with a private email address (eg while booking a place on an event), all our contacts are business contacts. We do not hold any information on children.
All our email marketing communications already offer an option to unsubscribe but, as required by the GDPR, individuals are entitled to further information about the information which we hold on them, and how we use it. The following explain the key points.
- The lawful basis on which we hold individuals’ contact information is ‘legitimate interest’, on the grounds that we are undertaking reasonable commercial activity with minimal invasion of privacy, in relation to services which we believe may benefit their professional work.
- The only information which we hold about individuals is business information which includes a maximum of: name, job title, organisation, postal address, telephone contact, and business email address. We do not, however, undertake telephone marketing.
- In addition to the option to unsubscribe which is on every marketing email of ours, an individual can at any point contact us (see below) to ask us what information we hold on them, and we will provide a copy of that information to free of charge, providing it is a reasonable request.
- We do not sell, give, or otherwise pass on any of our data to any other organisations, with the following exceptions:
a) a list of participants (which states name, job title and organisation only) forms part of our information pack at events and is given to participants and speakers
b) if we are working on behalf of a client organisation, then we will provide that organisation with email contacts for those delegates who have booked onto the event.
In both instances, delegates will be made aware of this, and will have the option of requesting not to appear on the delegate list, or have their details passed to our client.
- Our data is sourced from either information which is publicly available, or databases which we have purchased from companies which licence us to use data they have collected.
- Where we purchase databases, the licence runs for one year, however, we usually renew licences. Other data may be held until the email address becomes invalid.
The option to unsubscribe will always be included in any email we send out. If you do not wish us to contact you in future, please click on the link below to unsubscribe, email us, or telephone us.
If you would like further information about the data we hold on you, please email email@example.com
You can also contact us by telephone on 0115 916 3104.
The only purpose of our email marketing is to make you aware of the events we run, and the event management services which we can offer. We very much hope that you will be happy to continue receiving these.